Amethyst Sixth Parent Presentation
- A 2-hour live virtual lesson for each of your three chosen A level or Applied General courses. Across the week, this will equate to 6 hours of live virtual lessons to be attended in designated time slots.
- A 1-hour virtual escape room challenge in teams of 6 plus one Sixth Form teacher. Teams will be designated to you prior to the transition week. This is to be attended in a designated time slot.
Study Period Sessions
- An ‘Academic and Sixth Form Preparation’ session covering crucial skills needed for success at Sixth Form.
- A virtual ‘Quirky Quiz’ competition session covering a range of Key Stage 4 knowledge, general knowledge and more.
- A ‘Preparing For The Future’ session delivered by the careers team.
- Virtual enrichment sessions to participate and show evidence of participation in.
- A ‘Challenge Passport’ of preparation tasks to complete throughout the week.
Virtual Transition Timetable
The timetable below is from last year and shows what would be available in “normal circumstances”
SEN Guide to Sixth Form
The SEND team at Moreton have created this transition booklet for our Year 11 students joining the Amethyst 6th. Use it for practical information and for tips on how to have a successful time in Year 12 and beyond!
Getting to Know You!
Meet some of the teaching staff you’ll get to know when you start your journey with the Amethyst Sixth Form.