Advanced Subsidiary GCE in Sociology
- A level Sociology offers an engaging and effective introduction to the subject. Students develop knowledge and understanding about society and how sociologists study. The course will help students understand society’s structures, processes and issues in more depth.
- Qualification: Advanced Subsidiary GCE in Sociology
- Exam Board: AQA
Course Teacher Profile
Miss P. West
Miss West is the Curriculum Team Lead for Sociology in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for the A Level Sociology course you must have the following…
- History/Geography Grade 6
- English Grade 5
- Maths Grade 5
- Must have GCSE Humanities
Careers and Next Steps
- A Level Sociology lays an appropriate foundation for further study of Sociology and related subjects in higher education.
- Sociology is a great choice of subject for people who want a career in social work, nursing or medicine.
- Sociology is also useful in a number of other careers, like marketing, advertising, PR, journalism, law or teaching.