Advanced Subsidiary GCE in Psychology
- Psychology is the science of the mind including conscious and unconscious phenomena. Psychology develops a range of valuable skills, including critical analysis, independent thinking and research. These skills are particularly relevant to young people and are transferable to further study and the workplace.
You will develop knowledge and understanding about the brain and neuroscience and the psychological approaches that explain human behaviour and topics which are contemporary issues and debates in psychology.
- Qualification: Advanced Subsidiary GCE in Psychology
- Exam Board: AQA
Course Teacher Profile
Miss P. West
Miss West is the Curriculum Team Lead for Art in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for the A Level Psychology course you must have the following…
- Maths Grade 6
- English Grade 5
- Science Grade 6
Careers and Next Steps
- A Level Psychology lays an appropriate foundation for further study of Psychology and related subjects in higher education.
- Psychology is a great choice of subject for people who want a career as a forensic psychologist, counselling psychologist, clinical psychologist, further education teacher.
- Psychology is also useful in a number of other careers, including; childhood studies, Media Studies, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Sports Science, Psychology, Sociology, Speech Therapy etc.