Advanced GCE in Art and Design – Art and Design (Photography)
The OCR A Level Photography specifications are designed to encourage learners to develop skills, creativity, imagination and independence based on personal experience, taught skills and critical understanding. Learners show this through their responses to a range of stimuli.
- The aims and learning outcomes are as follows;
- Intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive capabilities.
- Investigative, analytical, experimental, practical, technical and expressive skills, aesthetic understanding and critical judgement.
- Independence of mind in developing, refining and communicating their own ideas, their own intentions and their own personal outcomes.
- The experience of working with a broad range of media.
- Qualification: Advanced GCE in Art and Design – Art and Design (Photography)
- Exam Board: OCR
Course Teacher Profile
Mrs E. Thomas
Mrs. Thomas is the Curriculum Team Lead for Photography in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for the A Level Photography course you must have the following…
- Grade 6 in Photography
- Grade 5 in English
Careers and Next Steps
There are a few areas of work that you can use Photography straight after A level, however students often decide to study a degree enabling them to specialise in a particular area of Photography.
Skills developed include;
- Creativity and ability to convey ideas and concepts.
- Work independently.
- Good written, verbal and vision communication skills.
- Ability to develop and change ideas and concepts in response to a client’s needs.
Careers choices for pupils who have study Photography at A Level:
- Wedding Photographer
- Sports Photographer
- Portrait Photographer
- Travel Photographer
- Commercial Photographer
- Stock Photographer
- Medical Photographer
- Concert Photographer