Level 3 Diploma in Creative and Performing Arts (Musical Theatre Pathway)
You will act, sing and dance as part of this course, performing your work to live audiences. Some lessons will focus specifically on Acting, Dance or Music in order to develop skills in the individual types of performance. At other points in the course, you will draw all three disciplines together, rehearsing and performing scenes from Musicals.
This is a highly practical, vocational course that will provide you with knowledge of how real-world careers operate in Musical Theatre and the wider Performing Arts industry.
This course is the perfect opportunity for students who love all aspects of the Performing Arts and want to become a ‘Triple Threat’!
- Qualification: Level 3 Diploma in Creative and Performing Arts (Musical Theatre Pathway)
- Exam Board: RSL
To enrol for the Musical Theatre course you must have the following…
- Level 5 in English GCSE
- Level 5 in Music, Dance or Drama GCSE OR Distinction/Distinction* at Level 2 BTEC or Level 2 RSL Performing Arts
- If you did not study any Performing Arts subjects at KS4, you will need to provide evidence that you have experience of Musical Theatre productions outside of school.
Course Teacher Profiles
Mrs K. Cureton
Course Leader and Drama Specialist
Mrs. Cureton is the Course Lead for Drama in the Amethyst Sixth Form
Miss E. Morris
Miss Morris is the Music Specialist on the Musical Theatre Course
Miss M. Gayle
Miss Gayle is the Dance Specialist on the Musical Theatre Course
Careers and Next Steps
There are a few areas of work that you can use Musical Theatre straight after A level, however students often decide to study a degree enabling them to specialise in a particular area of Drama.
Skills developed include;
- Creativity and ability to convey ideas and concepts.
- Work independently.
- Good written, verbal and vision communication skills.
- Ability to develop and change ideas and concepts in response to a client’s needs.
Careers choices for pupils who have study Drama at A Level:
- Disc jockey
- Drama therapist
- Drama/theatre critic