NCFE Level 3 Applied General Certificate in Music Technology
The level 3 Applied General Certificate in Music Technology enables you to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding of working in the music technology sector. It’s suitable for learners who are motivated by applied learning through hands-on creative experiences related to the work of a performing musician and/or music technologist. This course is equivalent to 1 A level. Students can do both Music AND Music Technology if they choose to.
To enrol for the Level 3 Music course you must have one of the following…
- GCSE Music Technology or Music Grade 5 or Above
- RSL/BTEC Music Technology or Music Level 2 Pass or above
You will complete the course over 2 years studying a combination of units.
Graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction. Within these units you will develop a range of both practical and theoretical skills.
These units are:
- Unit 01: Using a DAW
- Unit 02: Creating Music
- Unit 03: Multi track audio recording, mixing and mastering
- Unit 04: Sound creation
- Unit 05: Live Sound performance technology
- Unit 06: Digital Music Business
- Qualification: NCFE Level 3 Applied General Certificate in Music Technology
- Exam Board: NCFE
Course Teacher Profile
Mrs S. Berry
Mrs Berry is the Assistant CTL for Music in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for this course you must have the following…
- Music Grade 5 or above at GCSE Level
- RSL/BTEC Music Level 2 Pass or above
- Complete and Audition if you do not have either