Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma in IT
Level 3 Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma in IT
Exam Board: OCR
The course aims are to encourage candidates to:
- Create portfolio of work for each unit of work.
- Develop an understanding of the effects of the use of ICT on the data processing and communications systems within and between organisations and individuals.
- Develop an understanding of the range of hardware and software tools that may be used to create an effective ICT system.
- Understand the role of ICT within the local, national and International community.
- Acquire the skills necessary to tailor application software to meet the needs of given situations and users.
- Develop skills of analysis and design, and be systematic in the production of solutions with testing, evaluation and appropriate documentation.
- Develop project and time management skills when producing solutions for a third party.
- Qualification: Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma in IT
- Exam Board: OCR
Course Teacher Profile
Mrs T. Bassett
Mr Bassett is the Curriculum Team Lead for ICT in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for the Level 3 Diploma in IT you must have the following…
- Maths Grade 4
- English Grade 4
- Ideally a KS4 Computing Qualification
Careers and Next Steps
Students undertaking this course will leave with not only subject specific knowledge to allow them to pursue a career in IT but also a host of real world skills which will help them to succeed in further education and the world of work.
The Fundamentals of IT gives a good base knowledge of troubleshooting, network designs and computer hardware. This maps nicely towards Network and Computer Technician roles. Students are given first-hand experience of business information management and data flow and explore elements of Cybersecurity.
The controlled assessment units offer an opportunity for students to work through the System Development Life Cycle, a key skill for software and application developers. Unit 13 Digital Marketing and Social Media links clearly to roles such as Digital Marketing Manager.
Successful students will complete their Level 3 studies and be ready to take confident steps towards further education or industry certifications such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Mobility+ or Cisco IT.