Health and Social Care
Health and Social Care
Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
Cambridge Technical Diploma in Health and Social Care
- The Cambridge Technicals in Health and Social Care have been developed to meet the changing needs of the sector.
- Students will practically apply their skills and knowledge in preparation for further study or the workplace, developing professional and personal skills through interaction with people who either work in the sector or require care or support, as well as theoretical knowledge and understanding to underpin their skills. This will allow them to offer specific, person-centred care and support and build positive relationships with the people they are working with, so that their needs and requirements are met whilst they maintain control of their own care and support.
- Students will consider the real impacts to people living with conditions or illnesses such as the social, financial and psychological impacts, not just the signs, symptoms and treatment of faceless conditions or illnesses. Students will also learn about the legislation and guidance supporting health and social care, so that they can ensure the people they are working with are not only able to access all the care and support they are entitled to, but are also able to protect themselves from any harm or abuse whilst at work.
- Qualification: Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Qualification: Cambridge Technical Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Exam Board: OCR
Course Teacher Profile
Mrs N. Khela
Mrs. Khela is the Curriculum Team Lead for Health and Social Care in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for the Health and Social Care course you must have the following…
- English Grade 4
- Desirable – Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care (Level 2 Merit Grade)
Careers and Next Steps
- This course is designed to give an overview for Health and Social Care, the range of units studied give a breadth and depth and allow students to develop skills and knowledge in a wide range of health related topics. This allows progression to University or apprenticeships.
- The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as contributing to meeting admission requirements to many relevant courses.