Advanced GCE in Design and Technology – Design and Technology: Design Engineering
A Level Design Engineering prepares students with knowledge and skills that enables them to work in relevant 21st century creative, engineering and manufacturing industries. With a focus on iterative design to equip them with valuable critical thinking skills needed for higher education and industry.
- Qualification: Advanced GCE in Design and Technology – Design and Technology: Design Engineering
- Exam Board: OCR
Course Teacher Profile
Mr Edwards is the Curriculum Team Lead for Engineering in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for the A Level Design Engineering course you must have the following:
- Grade 4 in English
- Grade 6 in Mathematics
- Grade 6 in Design Technology
Careers and Next Steps
Do you want to have a career in one of the following fields?
In completing this course you will be able to apply for STEM related degrees at university such as:
- Civil and environmental engineering
- Robotics & Embedded systems engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- User-Experience and User-Interface design (UX/UI)
- Industrial Design
You will also be able to apply for advanced apprenticeships in sectors such as:
- Planning and the built environment
- Manufacturing technologies.