Advanced GCE in Drama and Theatre
Drama and Theatre studies not only builds your knowledge and practical skills to enable you to go onto study performance at a higher level, it equips you the cognitive, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills that are valued in almost all professions that you will consider.
- Qualification: Advanced GCE in Drama and Theatre
- Exam Board: Edexcel
Course Teacher Profile
Mrs R. McAviney
Mrs. McAviney is the Curriculum Team Lead for Drama in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for the A Level Drama course you must have the following…
- BTEC Drama Distinction or GCSE Grade 5
- English Grade 5
- Maths Grade 5
- If you have not studied Drama at KS4, you will need to provide evidence that you have studied Drama outside of school.
Careers and Next Steps
There are a few areas of work that you can use Drama straight after A level, however students often decide to study a degree enabling them to specialise in a particular area of Drama.
Skills developed include;
- Creativity and ability to convey ideas and concepts.
- Work independently.
- Good written, verbal and vision communication skills.
- Ability to develop and change ideas and concepts in response to a client’s needs.
Careers choices for pupils who have study Drama at A Level:
- Disc jockey
- Drama therapist
- Drama/theatre critic