Drama and Theatre studies not only builds your knowledge and practical skills to enable you to go onto study performance at a higher level, it equips you the cognitive, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills that are valued in almost all professions that you will consider.
To enrol for the A Level Art and Design course you must have the following…
- BTEC Drama Distinction or GCSE Grade 5
- English Grade 5
- Maths Grade 5
- If you have not studied Drama at KS4, you will need to provide evidence that you have studied Drama outside of school.
Course Teacher Profile
Mrs R. McAviney
Mrs. McAviney is the Curriculum Team Lead for Drama in the Amethyst Sixth Form
Careers and Next Steps
There are a few areas of work that you can use Art straight after A level, however students often decide to study a degree enabling them to specialise in a particular area of art.
Skills developed include;
- Creativity and ability to convey ideas and concepts.
- Work independently.
- Good written, verbal and vision communication skills.
- Ability to develop and change ideas and concepts in response to a client’s needs.
Careers choices for pupils who have study Art at A Level:
- Advertising Art Director
- Fashion Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Print Worker
- Art Therapist
- School Teacher
- Museum Curator