BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Performing Arts
The RSL Level 3 Diploma in Creative & Performing Arts extends and deepens the specialist work-related focus of the Performing Arts industry. There is potential for the qualification to prepare learners for appropriate direct employment in the vocational sector and it is suitable for those who have decided that they clearly wish to enter a particular specialist area of work.
The Diploma allows students to broaden creative and independent skills through in-depth practical and theoretical studies of dance genres, interpretative and performance skills.
You will complete the course over 2 years studying a combination of units
graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction. Within these units you will develop a range of both practical and theoretical skills.
Some of these units will be externally moderated by the exam board, RSL.
These units are:
- Unit 304: Performance Preparation (External Exam)
- Unit 306: Planning for a Career in the Creative & Performing Arts
- Unit 322: Applying Safe Dance Practice
- Unit 324: Choreography
- Unit 329: Dance Technique and Performance
- Unit 331: Ensemble Dance Performance
- Unit 335: Repertory Dance Performance
- Qualification: RSL Level 3 Diploma in Creative & Performing Arts – Dance
- Exam Board: RSL
Course Teacher Profile
Mrs R. McAviney
Mrs. McAviney is the Curriculum Team Lead for Dance in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for the RSL Level 3 Diploma in Creative & Performing Arts – Dance
course you must have the following…
- Dance level 2 qualification or dance audition