Children’s Play Learning and Development
BTEC level 3 National Extended Certificate in Children’s Play, Learning and Development
- Learners will complete 50 hours’ work experience in the sector.
- Learners taking this qualification will study three mandatory units which cover the following topics:
- Children’s Development
- Communication and Numeracy
- Play and Learning.
- Learners will study one optional unit, which will support their progression to specialised degree programmes in the sector
- Keeping Children Safe
- Qualification: BTEC level 3 National Extended Certificate in Children’s Play, Learning and Development
- Exam Board: Pearson
Course Teacher Profile
Mrs N. Khela
Mrs. Khela is the Curriculum Team Lead for CPLD in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for the Children’s Play Learning and Development course you must have the following…
- English Grade 4
- Maths Grade 4
- Desirable – Level 2 qualification in Childcare (Minimum Grade C)
Careers and Next Steps
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Children’s Play, Learning and Development is generally taken alongside other qualifications as part of a two-year programme of learning. It will enable learners to progress to a wide range of degree programmes.
The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as contributing to meeting admission requirements to many relevant courses.
The knowledge you will gain in this course will prepare you for a variety of careers as a child-minder, family support worker or early year’s educator in the private, voluntary or state sector and/or allow progression to higher education studies in early year’s education or management.