Level 3 Extended Certificate in Applied Science
- This qualification will provide learners with a broad understanding of vocationally-related sciences to support progress to higher education.
- This qualification can also prepare learners to take up employment in the applied science sector, either directly after achieving the qualification or via higher education.
- Studying this qualification will enable learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of scientific principles, as well as those scientific practical skills recognised by higher education institutions and employers to be most important. The qualification also offers learners an opportunity to develop transferable skills such as problem-solving, research and communication as part of their applied learning.
- Qualification: Level 3 Extended Certificate in Applied Science
- Exam Board: AQA
Course Teacher Profile
Mr G. Loveday
Mr Loveday is the Curriculum Team Lead for Applied Science in the Amethyst Sixth Form
To enrol for the Applied Science course you must have the following…
- Science Grade 4
- English Grade 4
- Maths Grade 4
Careers and Next Steps
- This qualification is supported by a range of universities, and taken alongside other qualifications it can fulfil the entry requirements for a number of science-related higher education courses, including biomedical, forensic and sports science, as well as nursing.
- This qualification has been developed in collaboration with higher education and other stakeholders in the science education sector. Therefore, the knowledge and skills gained will provide the best possible opportunity for progress to higher education or employment.
- The qualification is supported by the following higher education institutions:
• Aberystwyth University
• Birmingham City University
• University of Bolton
• Edge Hill University
• Staffordshire University
• University of South Wales
• Southampton University
• University of Sunderland
• Teesside University
• University of Wolverhampton
• York St John University